Bhakti Sastri (English)
By ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya (BS Eng)
No. Of Sessions
Sessions per week
Schedule of Classes
07:00 pm to 09:00 pm ISTRegular classes on
Mon to Fri
About the Teacher
ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya (BS Eng)
About the Teacher
In this way you have to understand, by studying carefully the philosophy. We have got so many books now and I want all of my disciples to read them carefully. Soon we shall be instituting Bhakti-sastri examinations and all brahmanas will have to pass. So utilize whatever time you find to make a thorough study of my books.
(Letter from Srila Prabhupada to Upendra, 7th July 1976)
We have designed Bhakti Sastri course for those devotees who have been sincerely practicing Krishna consciousness and wants to systematically study Srila Prabupada’s. Bhagavad-Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Isopanisad. This course will not only enhance your sastric knowledge & understanding and thereby make you more determined in practicing Krishna consciousness but to make you potent to convey Gaudiya Vaishnav principals to the society.
Bhakti Sastri degree will be provided to the qualified students from the ISKCON Board of Examination.
Course Contents: In-depth study of Bhagavad-gītā, Śrī Īśopanisad, Nectar of Devotion and Nectar of Instruction
Course materials : Bhakti Sastri Students Handbook
Teachers : H.G. Venu Gopal Das, H.G. Dhira Prashant Das, H.G. Premasindhu Gauranga Das, H.G. Madhusudan Vishnu Das & H.G. Jay Damodar Das
Assessment plan : 6 Closed Book Exams, 6 Sloka Recitation tests, 12 open book Exams & Classroom Attendance
Course requirement (any pre-qualification)
- You must be 16 years or above in age.
- As per the guidelines of ISKCON Board of Examination to be qualified to obtain the Bhakti sastri degree, the students must chant minimum 16 rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily & follow the four regulative principles.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read all the four books, Bhagavad Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Ishopanishad before you begin the deep study of these books with us and be fully benefited from the course.
- As the course would be in English so proficiency in English language is mandatory.
- As per the rules & regulations of ISKCON Board of Examination, for getting the Bhakti Sastri degree, you must have 75% of attendance in the live sessions.
- You need to submit a recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority (your Spiritual Master/GBC member/Temple President/Co-President) who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favourably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months. Please download the Recommendation letter format from the link below:-
You need to submit the same in this google form with other details:-
Please note that your admission will not be confirmed unless we have received this recommendation letter.
- The regulations to be followed during the closed books exams. All students should agree for the following requirements regarding the online exam before taking admission to this course:-
- All closed book exams will be conducted online (in cloud meetings).
- Answers should be hand written, no electronic devices are allowed for typing.
- Student should be having two devices live on cloud meetings. One will cover the student writing the exam as well as the screen of the front device. The second/front device will be used by the student to see the question paper provided in cloud meeting screen.
- Immediately after the exam, the student has to scan the answer sheet in front of the front device camera & upload it in the assessment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
By (BS Hindi) ISKCON Bhagavata MahavidyalayaPAID
ISKCON Disciple Course (English)
By Krishna Rupa Devi DasiPAID
ISKCON Disciple Course (Hindi)
By Yashodakirti Devi DasiPAID
Diploma in Bhagavad-gita
By Premasindhu Gauranga DasPAID
Srimad Bhagavatam Reading Marathon (for South African devotees only)
By Brajsundar DasFREE
Марафон по чтению Шримад Бхагаватам (Srimad Bhagavatam Reading Marathon)
By ISKCON Bhagavata MahavidyalayaFREE
Bhagavata Pravaah (Hindi) भागवत प्रवाह (स्कंध-1)
By Srikeshav DasPAID
संपूर्ण श्रीमद्भागवत (संक्षिप्त) (Sampurna Srimad Bhagavatam Overview)
By Ramanuja DasPAID
मनः शिक्षा (अपने मन को कैसे प्रशिक्षित करें) Manah Siksha
By Prashant Mukund DasPAID
Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu-Module 2 (Southern Division)
By Sankarshan Nitai DasPAID
By His Holiness Bhakti Dhira Damodara SwamiPAID
The Secrets of Upanishads (Overview of 11 principal Upanishads)
By Jay Damodar DasPAID
Krishna Lila (Overview of Tenth Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam)
By Brajsundar DasPAID
Establishing Shrimad Bhagavatam as the Highest Scripture
By Kanai Krishna DasPAID
Bhagavata Rasotsavam (Study of 1st canto based on Sarartha Darsini tika of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura)
By Venu Gopal DasPAID
व्रज मंडल परिक्रमा (Online Vraj Mandal Parikrama)
By Vraja vilas DasPAID
लघु-भागवतामृत (Laghu Bhagavatamrita)
By Chandra Govind DasPAID
6 Essential Life Management Skills from B-Gita
By Dr. Prem Prakash PathakPAID
4 Weeks (18 Hrs)
Life Stories and Qualities of the Twelve Mahajanas (only for Kids)
By Rameshwari Devi DasiPAID