Srimad Bhagavatam Reading Marathon
By ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya
No. Of Sessions
Sessions per week
Schedule of Classes
08.00 to 09.00 pm ISTRegular classes on
About the Teacher
ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya
About the Teacher
Why should I read Srimad Bhagavatam daily?
Srila Prabhupada wrote in his purport of Srimad Bhagavatam, Canto 1 Chapter 7 Text 7
The conclusion is that simply by hearing the Vedic literature Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, one can have direct connection with the Supreme Personality of Godhead Śrī Kṛṣṇa, and thereby one can attain the highest perfection of life by transcending worldly miseries, illusion and fearfulness. These are practical tests for one who has actually given a submissive hearing to the readings of the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam.
Srimad Bhagavatam is the literary incarnation of Krishna.
idaṁ bhāgavataṁ nāma
cakāra bhagavān ṛṣiḥ
dhanyaṁ svasty-ayanaṁ mahat
This Srimad-Bhagavatam is the literary incarnation of God, and it is compiled by Srila Vyasadeva, the incarnation of God. It is meant for the ultimate good of all people,
and it is all-successful, all-blissful and all-perfect. (SB 1.3.40)
kalau naṣṭa-dṛśām eṣa
This Bhagavata Purana is as brilliant as the sun, and it has arisen just after the departure of Lord Krishna to His own abode, accompanied by religion, knowledge, etc. Persons who have lost their vision due to the dense darkness of ignorance in the age of Kali shall get light from this Purana. (SB 1.3.43)
What is Srimad Bhagavatam Reading Marathon?
• Self-study of one chapter of Srimad Bhagavatam from Monday to Saturday.
• Students need to take online Srimad Bhagavatam Quiz after completion of each chapter. (Simple Multiple Choice Questions)
• Certificate of Participation will be awarded after completion of each canto.
• Every Sunday Evening there will be Srimad Bhagavatam Class from 8pm to 9pm IST.
How much effort I need to put daily?
• Self-study of 35 minutes per day.
• 1 chapter with Srila Prabhupada purport in 6 days.
For example: -
• 1st Chapter of 1st Canto, 23 slokas, in 6 days = 4 slokas with purport per day
• 2nd Chapter of 1st Canto, 34 slokas, in 6 days = 6 slokas with purport per day
Will I get any certificate?
Yes, Certificate of Participation will be awarded after completion of each canto.
How much I need to pay for this course?
It is a free course.
Please join our whatsapp group as per your location to receive updates
SB Reading Marathon IND 5
SB Reading Marathon IND 4
SB Reading Marathon IND 2
SB Reading Marathon UK 2
SB Reading Marathon UK 3
SB Reading Marathon USA 4
SB Reading Marathon USA 3
SB Reading Marathon USA 2
For India : https://chat.whatsapp.com/ISiijGGQzKM4ut7V55v3M0
For Australia : https://chat.whatsapp.com/KEJp9CoZvtP0joqIN3i9iI
For Europe : https://chat.whatsapp.com/Hef5ARsGrxB57CUFwbcTbq
For Africa : https://chat.whatsapp.com/Kn2AA6qn5cEG6LGxcoOrPL
For USA : https://chat.whatsapp.com/DQlRK28EPlgJSXlU0KIzbP
Telegram users can join here : https://t.me/+tPlDhYe_QewxMTc1