Bhakti Sastri (in Tamil)
By Akinchan Krishna Das
2 Hours Each
2 Hours Each
No. Of Sessions
Sessions per week
Schedule of Classes
7:00 to 09:00 PM ISTRegular classes on
Mon To Fri
About the Teacher
Akinchan Krishna Das
About the Teacher
Akinchan Krishna Das joined ISKCON in the year 1993.
Lectured on Bhagavad-gita and Bhagavatam since 25 years.
Lectured on Ramayana in Tamil and English in many countries.
Educational qualification M.Com
Served as Temple Leader in ISKCON Vellure for 15 years.
In this way you have to understand, by studying carefully the philosophy. We have got so many books now and I want all of my disciples to read them carefully. Soon we shall be instituting Bhakti-sastri examinations and all brahmanas will have to pass. So utilize whatever time you find to make a thorough study of my books.
(Letter from Srila Prabhupada to Upendra, 7th July 1976)
We have designed Bhakti Sastri course for those devotees who have been sincerely practicing Krishna consciousness and wants to systematically study Srila Prabupada’s. Bhagavad-Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Isopanisad. This course will not only enhance your sastric knowledge & understanding and thereby make you more determined in practicing Krishna consciousness but to make you potent to convey Gaudiya Vaishnav principals to the society.
Bhakti Sastri degree will be provided to the qualified students from the ISKCON Board of Examination.
Course Contents: In-depth study of Bhagavad-gītā, Śrī Īśopanisad, Nectar of Devotion and Nectar of Instruction
Course materials : Bhakti Sastri Students Handbook
Assessment plan : 6 Closed Book Exams, Sloka Recitation & 12 open book Exams, Classroom Attendance
Course requirement (any pre-qualification)
- You must be 16 years or above in age.
- As per the guidelines of ISKCON Board of Examination to be qualified to obtain the Bhakti sastri degree, the students must chant minimum 16 rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily & follow the four regulative principles.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read all the four books, Bhagavad Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Ishopanishad before you begin the deep study of these books with us and be fully benefited from the course.
- As the course would be in Tamil so proficiency in Tamil language is mandatory
- As per the rules & regulations of ISKCON Board of Examination, for getting the Bhakti Sastri degree, you must have 75% of attendance in the course (in live sessions).
- You need to submit a recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority (your Spiritual Master/GBC member/Temple President/Co-President) who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favourably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months. Please download the Recommendation letter format from the link below:-
You need to submit the same in this google form with other details:-
Please note that your admission will not be confirmed unless we have received this recommendation letter.
- The regulations to be followed during the closed books exams. All students should agree for the following requirements regarding the online exam before taking admission to this course:-
- All closed book exams will be conducted online (in cloud meetings).
- Answers should be hand written, no electronic devices are allowed for typing.
- Student should be having two devices live on cloud meetings. One will cover the student writing the exam as well as the screen of the front device. The second/front device will be used by the student to see the question paper provided in cloud meeting screen.
- Immediately after the exam, the student has to scan the answer sheet in front of the front device camera & upload it in the assessment section.